SUNDAY, MARCH 12 1 - 3 pm
As part of our 20th Anniversary celebration we are offering a selection of low cost, highly creative workshops that feature the wonderful talents of our On Paper team. Join us for an inspired afternoon of crafting!
Chalk it up to fun!! Vintage-inspired chalkboard signs have always been popular and are continually up trending due to their character and hand-drawn charm. A little bit country, a little bit urban chic, chalkboard signs are a super fun, functional art object for your home.
In this class you will make a MENU or TO DO LIST chalkboard sign to take home and you'll learn some of the best tips and tricks for creating chalkboard designs.
Illustrator Cassie Shawver will take you through the basics of design, layout and hand-lettering for your chalkboard. Cassie has designed signage for many shops and is a professional illustrator. You an take a look at her signs on her website and be inspired by her talents.
In this class you will:
- Create a 12 x 24 chalkboard sign with your choice of a menu or to do list design
- Learn proper surface preparation with blackboard paint
- How to measure and lay out your design
- Receive the best materials to use for readability
- Learn basic balance and composition principals for an impactful sign
- Gain experience with hand-lettering
- Become familiar with shading techniques
- Take home handouts with embellishments, curls, swirls and other fun motifs
NOTE: Class size is limited to 8. Because space is limited and reserved for you, classes are non-refundable.
SUNDAY, MARCH 12 1 - 3 pm at ON PAPER
All materials are included in the cost of the class.