Photo by @caskro
From save-the-dates to "day of" programs, the talented team at On Paper will help you customize the perfect wedding invitation stationery to reflect your personal style
First and foremost, congratulations on your engagement! We would love to help you with your wedding stationery! We may be a little biased, but we believe the invitation is one of the most important aspects of your wedding.
It conveys so much
- The character of you and your fiancé
- The first exposure your guests have to your wedding and shapes their first impressions
- Whether the event is formal or casual (how they should dress), inside or outside, day or night
- A glimpse of what’s to come
For over 20 years On Paper has offered an impeccably curated collection of wedding paper goods. We love to share our work and the best way for you to see it is in our portfolio on The Knot
A few things set us apart.
- Our outstanding client service & reputation - we are a long-standing member of the prestigious The Knot Best of Weddings Hall of Fame for our high ratings in trustworthiness, dependability and high quality service
- Our experience - we've been doing this since 1997, longer than anyone else in the industry in Columbus (if you think we're wrong about that, please let us know)
- Our knowledge of traditional wedding correspondence etiquette and how it has evolved as society has changed. We help direct, not dictate, how you choose to handle this most personal and important correspondence and ensure that every detail is attended to properly.
You can get started with us one of two ways...
1) Schedule an in-person or virtual consultation in our private Short North studio at 743 N High Street. A one-time non-refundable $75 deposit is required for new clients which is applied toward your order. We're typically available Tuesday through Friday 10 to 6. If you'd like to inquire about other times or have us help you get set up, just email us at email@example.com and we'll give you call. Our custom studio is closed on Sundays and Mondays.
To begin the scheduling process, please complete and submit our wedding invitation details form
Once your consultation has been booked, we'll send you a quick questionnaire to gather some direction and details including your:
- Color palate
- Samples of invitations you love, Pinterest ideas, etc.
All of this helps us prepare for our creative session so we can get to the fun part as soon as you arrive. These appointments usually take 60-90 minutes and you will leave with a very good idea of what your invitation suite will look like.
It's ok if you're not sure what you want yet. We'll start by showing you a variety of styles (traditional, modern, vintage, floral, beach, etc.) across various price points to help you narrow down your design choices.
2) Browse around without a consultation
When you find the design you love, we can personalize it for you by changing wording, fonts and paper and ink colors. We'll email you our font and color library and you can choose the ones you love.
- Check out our DIY wedding invitation suites. They're beautiful and affordable You can even design your own.
Either way you choose to explore, we'll email you a quote within a few days of your consultation or as soon we know which suite you have chosen.
How much will my invitations cost?
There are many factors that affect the cost of wedding invitations including quantity, paper size and color and print method. It's not possible for us to provide a quote before understanding what you would like but our average wedding invitation suite is $15 (a typical suite includes the card and envelope with return address on the back flap, reply card and envelope with reply address on front face, details card with your hotel accommodations and/or wedding website, and any embellishments you choose like wax seals or ribbon.
When should I start planning for my wedding stationery?
- Order save the dates 9 – 12 months ahead
- Select invitations and order 6 months ahead
- Submit guest addresses 3 months ahead
- Mail invitations 10 weeks ahead
- Order “day of” accessories (programs, menus, place cards) 4 – 6 weeks ahead
- Order thank you notes, anytime
How do I schedule my consultation?
Submit our wedding invitation details form
- If we have all the information we need, we'll send you a link to our calendar scheduler or if you'd prefer us to schedule for you, just ask and we'll call you.
- You'll receive a confirmation with all the details including directions to our complimentary parking lot and a link to reschedule or cancel
What happens when I’m ready to order?
We’ll collect a non-refundable 50% deposit and have you sign our contract. Once those two things are done, it’s official!
How long will it take to get my invitations?
Everything in our process happens in months or weeks before your event. You will receive your 1st digital proof about 4 months before. The digital proof enables you to see all of your text in the fonts and colors you have selected. Proofing takes 1-2 weeks. We will make any changes you request and start printing your suite about 4 months before. It will be ready for pick up or shipping about 3 months before.
If your wedding is inside of 5 months from when you place your deposit, your project is considered a rush job and it incurs a $150 fee.
What’s the last step?
Add your "wedding day accessories
6–8 weeks prior to your wedding we’ll schedule another session to create all of your accoutrements and accessories. From programs, place cards and menus to bridesmaid gifts, guest book and thank you notes… we’ll blend the style of your invitation, fonts and motifs to create a seamless perfect event!
If you have any more questions about the process, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our wedding consultants will reply within 24 hours.
Meet our talented team
- Lynsey Penny, Senior Graphic Designer
- Margy Lydy-Meeker, Senior Custom Design Consultant and On Paper Owner
- Jill Steinmetz, Custom Design Consultant
We will guide you through the fun and creative process of finding the perfect wedding invitation that sets the tone for your big day.
We can't wait for you to join us in the art of inviting.